In my last nine years working within the NHS as both a general paediatric nurse and a paediatric oncology nurse, I have always worked hard maintaining a positive outlook in everything I am involved with. Combining my love of nursing with my background in psychology has led me to look at how the two can work side by side.
Having completed the Thrive Programme as a client myself, I am passionate about taking others through Thrive and helping them to overcome any problems holding them back from having the life they have always wanted to lead. I cannot perform magic, however, if persistent effort and commitment is made into creating positive changes, amazing results can be achieved.
Prior to training as a nurse, I completed an undergraduate and post graduate degree in psychology. I therefore understand how the Thrive Programme is grounded in evidence based research from the fields psychology, including positive psychology and emotional intelligence. There is no pseudo science or psychological mumbo jumbo. It is a tried and tested approach that has make a significant positive impact to thousands of people’s lives. Take a look at the testimonials to see the variety of problems it has helped people overcome.
Through The Thrive Programme® you can learn about:
- How to be kind to yourself through actions and your language.
- Processing the positive events of your day, rather than thinking about everything you didn’t do.
- Thinking about what you are grateful for in life.
- Your belief systems and the significant impact this can have, stopping you flourishing in life.
- Being more resilient
- Developing good coping mechanisms. In life there are some things we have direct influence over, however, there are many things where we have no control. If we have good coping mechanisms, we can manage adversity in a calm and controlled manner, maintaining perspective.